Campfire Banana Splits – Since we spend most of the summer camping, we’re always on the lookout for great camping recipes. We’ve had an amazing summer so far and decided it was time to try a new campfire treat, the campfire roasted banana split. This is a super easy and delicious snack to add to your camping food repertoire. Our daughter loved being able to build her own banana split treat and it’s virtually foolproof.
Just grab some bananas, and some yummy toppings, wrap in foil, roast in the fire and voila…hot, melty, gooey goodness. Kids and adults alike will love these fantastic campfire treats.
Campfire Banana Splits
Ingredients & Supplies
- Ripe Bananas
- Toppings (suggestions: marshmallows, chocolate chips (white, butterscotch, milk and dark), peanuts, walnuts, toffee chips, caramels, coconut, pretzels, etc)
- Slice bananas down the middle but try not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Fill the banana with toppings of your choice.
- Close up the banana as much as you can and wrap with tin foil.
- Place wrapped banana in the coals of your campfire and leave for anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
- Remove wrapped banana from fire and let cool for a few minutes then carefully unwrap the foil.
- Allow to cool a little more, grab a spoon and dig in.
Download your Campfire Banana Split recipe here.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Check out some of my other posts that would be great for camping including: Campfire Toasted Cinnamon Rolls, DIY Fire Starters, Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies, No Bake Energy Balls, Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, Blank Faces Coloring Page, Jellyfish Friendship Bracelets, 10-Minute Superhero Costume, Printable Robot Coloring Page , Family Movie Night Tickets