Easy 3 Strand Crochet Headband – Over the Christmas holidays my daughter Noelle was generously showered with lovely gifts, including some great new outfits. What does a girl with new outfits need… chic accessories of course. I created this three strand headband pattern and I’m quite please with how easy it was and how well it turned out. This fun crochet headband can be made in under 15 minutes and uses very little yarn.
3 Strand Crochet Headband Pattern
- 3 colors of yarn (or you could do all the same color if you’d like) – I used a mix of yarns: Redheart Soft in white, Caron Simply Soft in light and dark purple.
- Crochet Hook – US I9/5.5 mm.
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch (U.S.)
- Measure the head of the person you are making the headband for.
- Leaving at least a 6″ tail of yarn, using the chain stitch, make a chain 3″ less than your desired length. Keep your tension consistent along the entire chain – medium to firm tension.
- Now add in your new color, making sure to leave at least a 6″ tail of yarn (if you aren’t sure how to add in a new yarn color into your stitches please watch this great video tutorial here - the video shows how to change colors using a single crochet stitch but the concept is the exactly the same for the chain stitch). Once you change to your new color, cut off you end of yarn from the first chain you made so that there is at least a 6″ tail.
- Chain the new colour until it’s the same length as the first ( to check, grab the end where the 2 colors were joined, hold the cut ends and fold the second color over so that the 2 chains are now side by side).
- When the 2 chains are the same length, connect them by making a slip stitch into the last stitch of the first chain.
- Add in the third chain color by following steps 3 – 5.
- Trim the final color yarn end so that there is at least a 6″ tail.
- Take the 3 loose cut ends and braid them together and then tie off with a knot on the end. Repeat again on the other end.
Looking for more great crochet patterns: Crochet Boot Cuffs, Caps for a Cause, Crochet Infinity Scarf, Crochet Cat Bed, Crochet iPhone Case, Easy-Peasy Crochet Beanie
Subscribe to Dabbles and Babbles to receive the latest crafts, crochet patterns, activities for kids, recipes, printables, tutorials and more – subscribe in the right sidebar. You may also want to checkout my popular Pinterest Boards and follow me on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!