5 Cheese Pizza – The post title means five cheese grape walnut pizza in Italian! I adore this pizza – it’s definitely my go to flavour combo when I make homemade pizza. The first time I had this kind of pizza was while I was pregnant with Noelle at a wonderful neighbourhood pub near my work… what pregnant woman doesn’t love wild and unusual food fusions. They baked it in a wood fired oven. I just loved the how the sweet and savoury flavours and the saltiness from the cheese all blended together.
After I had Noelle I still craved that pizza but going out to restaurants just didn’t happen while I had a baby/toddler so I had to improvise. I decided to make my own homemade version. Here it is:
Crust Ingredients (makes enough dough for one 9″ x 13″ pan):
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place warm water and salt into a mixing bowl. Add yeast and a cup of the flour, and stir. Add remaining flour (2/3 cup) and stir or knead into a sticky dough, adding additional water if needed. Allow dough to rest in bowl covered with a clean towel, for a minimum 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Oil or butter a 9″ x 13″ pan, and then gently spread the dough thinly over the pan.
- Bake pizza in oven for 4 minutes, take out and let cool for a few minutes. Add toppings and return to the oven for another 8-10 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly, and crust is slightly browned.
Toppings (put as much or as little of this as you’d like):
- Butter with garlic powder as the base
- Grapes cut in half
- Walnut pieces
- Cheeses: Mozzarella, Provolone, Asiago, Feta and Blue Cheese
- Steak Spice sprinkled on top