Lemon Walnut Brussels Sprout Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps – Brussels sprouts and I have never been friends, not even acquaintances for that matter. I can safely say that out of all the vegetables, brussels sprouts are all the bottom of my favorites list…until recently that is. I came up with this recipe for brussels sprouts that is amazing (if I do say so myself). Today’s recipe for lemon walnut brussels sprout Stuffed portobello mushrooms is a modified and enhanced version of my original recipe (post still to come). All I’m going to say is that this recipe will turn those brussels sprout haters into lovers and “may I have more please” askers. And, the portobello mushroom is simply the icing on top of the cake (or the fungus on the bottom of the stuffing in this case). This recipe is super easy and it only takes a few minutes to put it together. It’s cooked in the oven but could also be done on the grill. Serve this at your next dinner party and they’ll think you slaved for hours on this dish.
Lemon Walnut Brussels Sprout Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps – makes 4 caps
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2-3 brussels sprouts, chopped finely
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/8 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup of almonds, slivered
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp steak spice or seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Gently wash and remove stem from the mushrooms. Place mushrooms bottom-side up on a baking sheet.
- Put all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and gently mix everything together.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, dividing the mixture evenly between the four caps.
- Place into oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.