The Best Chicken Noodle Soup You’ll Ever Eat! – Once a month, on a Sunday afternoon you’ll find me in my kitchen busily making soup. This isn’t just any soup… it’s the best chicken noodle soup you’ll ever eat! This is the kind of soup that you’ll tell your mother about, your friends about and gladly bring to cheer up any sick relatives you may have. I usually make this soup and then freeze the soup in individual bags to take for my lunch at work – some of my colleagues call me the soup girl. Go to the store, get all the ingredients and make this soup immediately. Once you’ve had this recipe, you’ll never want any other chicken soup again! On a side note, I can’t even remember the last time I was sick… coincident, I think not!
- 4 chicken legs with backs attached
- 4 boxes (32 oz. box) of low sodium chicken stock (organic if possible)
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cups grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 bag of broad egg noodles
- Put the chicken and all the listed above ingredients until salt and pepper into a large pot on the stove and simmer for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and place on a plate to cool. Strain broth through a colander into another large bowl. Discard any remnants left into the colander.
- Shred chicken meat and discard any bones or skin.
- Return broth to the large pot, place back on heat and bring back to a gentle boil. Add meat back to the broth.
- Add carrots, celery, mushrooms, rosemary and parsley and cook for half an hour. Feel free to add a bit of water to the broth if the stock has really cooked down.
- Add wine, cheese and heavy cream. Add the bag of broad egg noodles and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Adapted from “A Healthy Life for Me” blog here.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Check out some of my other recipes including: Best salad ever, No bake energy balls, Bailey’s dipped toasted marshmallows, zucchini quinoa patties, perfect chocolate chip cookies, marinated feta cheese, mediterranean hummus.
You may also want to checkout my popular Pinterest Boards and Follow me on Pinterest.
Thanks for reading!