Reusable Crochet Face Scrubbies – I don’t know why but washing my face at the end of the day is one of my favourite routines. I love the fresh clean feeling of newly washed skin. I’ve never been much of a face cloth person so I used disposable baby wipes but recently I was thinking how bad this is for the environment. Determined to be a little nicer to the planet, I picked up some cotton Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn and my crochet hook and got busy making some reusable cotton crochet face scrubbies. Theses pads are fabulous for removing make up and leave your face feeling really clean. I’m also making them to donate to the hospital along with my caps for a cause hats. Often times people end up in the hospitals unexpectedly and don’t have overnight bags. The hospital uses these face scrubbies to add to little washing kits for overnight patients. These reusable crochet face scrubbies are quick and easy and can be made in less than half and hour.
Reusable Face Scrubbies Pattern
- A cotton yarn. I used Bernat Handicraft Cotton.
- Crochet Hook – US H8/5 mm.
- Yarn or tapestry needle
Basic Hat Directions:
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc = single crochet, dc = double crochet (U.S.)
- Ch 5 and then join together into a ring with a sl st. Or use the magic ring method if you prefer.
- Make 8 sc into the ring. Join with sl st.
- Round 1: Ch 1 and then 2 sc into the same stitch. Now do 2 sc in each stitch around and then sl st to join.
- Round 2: Ch 1 and then 1 sc in same st. [2 sc in the next stitch then 1 sc in the next], repeat in each remaining stitches around.
- Round 3: Ch 1 and then 1 dc in same st. [2 dc in the next stitch then 1 dc in the next TWO stitches], repeat this in each remaining stitches around.
- Fasten off and weave the ends into the scrubbie using your yarn/tapestry needle.
Reusable Crochet Face Pads Pattern – download
I hope you’ve enjoyed this fun little crochet pattern. For more great projects check out: Crochet One-Skein Wonders®: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World