Reusable Crochet Face Scrubbies
I don’t know why but washing my face at the end of the day is one of my favorite routines. I love the fresh clean feeling of newly washed skin. And since I know how to crochet, I thought “Why not make my own face cloths?” Reusable cotton rounds are better for the environment anyway.
Determined to be a little nicer to the planet, I picked up some cotton Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn and my crochet hook and got busy. You’ll need to know how to double crochet and slip stitch crochet if you want to make these pads too. The circle pattern is fabulous for removing makeup and leave your face feeling really clean. Plus they’re easy to wash.
If you don’t know how to crochet in the round, it’s really easy with this pattern. I think crochet in the round is so soothing and meditative, so making these was a breeze for me. I’m also making them to donate to the hospital along with my caps for a cause hats. Often times people end up in the hospitals unexpectedly and don’t have overnight bags. The hospital uses these crochet scrubbies to add to little washing kits for overnight patients.
These reusable scrubbies are quick and easy and can be made in less than half an hour. I recommend using cotton yarn to make these crochet face scrubbies as it’s better for the skin, the environment and easier to clean.
Reusable Face Scrubbies Pattern
- Cotton yarn.
- Crochet Hook – US H8/5 mm.
- Yarn or tapestry needle
Crochet Pattern Directions:
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc = single crochet, dc = double crochet (U.S.)
- Ch 5 and then join together into a ring with a sl st. Or use the magic ring method if you prefer.
- Make 8 sc into the ring. Join with sl st.
- Round 1: Ch 1 and then 2 sc into the same stitch. Now do 2 sc in each stitch around and then sl st to join.
- Round 2: Ch 1 and then 1 sc in same st. [2 sc in the next stitch then 1 sc in the next], repeat in each remaining stitches around.
- Round 3: Ch 1 and then 1 dc in same st. [2 dc in the next stitch then 1 dc in the next TWO stitches], repeat this in each remaining stitches around.
- Fasten off and weave the ends into the scrubbie using your yarn/tapestry needle.
Looking for more great crochet patterns: Crochet Fingerless Gloves, Done In A Day Baby Blanket, Easy Crochet Can Cozy, Tulip Textured Crochet Dishcloth, Colorful Solid Granny Square Dishcloth, Crochet Beach Bag, Outland Cowl, Caps for a Cause, Crochet Infinity Scarf, Crochet Cat Bed, Crochet iPhone Case, Easy-Peasy Crochet Beanie