DIY Foam Paint
3 Ingredient DIY Foam Paint – It’s that time of year again. The kids are officially out of school and on summer holidays. Unfortunately our kids were off school 2 weeks early due to a teacher’s strike so I had to be proactive in creating some new summer activities early. I had a couple of Noelle’s friends over the other day and we were looking for something to do so I decided foam painting may be fun – we’ve never tried that before. I looked up some recipes online and found that I had all the ingredients I need to create this fun concoction.
Making foam paint is as easy as it gets. You’ve got your shaving cream, your craft/school glue and your food coloring – that’s it!
Mix equal parts shaving cream and glue into a ziplock bag, add your desired food coloring and then, with the bag sealed, squish the bag together until all your ingredients are nicely mixed together. Have your little artists create a layout for their design on a semi-rigid material (I used large white cardboard envelopes) and when they’re ready for the foam simply cut off a corner at the bottom of the bag and use like you’re piping icing. Once the art has been completed, set aside so the foam can dry and solidify overnight.
Looking for more…Kids (and their parents) will love these fun 40 projects that include simple beading, sewing, felting, bookmaking, and so much more in the book Craft Camp: Over 40 Fun Projects for Kids
3 ingredient DIY Foam Paint
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
DIY Foaming Hand Soap – Who doesn’t like foaming hand soap. The problem is that you tend to go through it so quickly – especially if you have kids. Not to panic, there’s a really simple way to make your own foaming hand soap. It’s actually the container pump that makes the soap come out all foamy and lately I’m finding it hard to throw away perfectly good containers so why not be both frugal and environmentally conscious by refilling your old container. I worked it out and it cost less than a quarter to refill a container with this DIY foaming soap. This inexpensive soap is also perfect for the cottage, camping, or to keep near the garden.
The recipe for the DIY foaming hand wash is crazy simple. You take your container, you add some dish soap, some water and voila you’re done.
- Clean container with foam pump (I used one from Bath and Body Works and removed the labels)
- Dish soap of your choice (I’m sure liquid hand soap would work too)
- Get an empty and clean foam pump container and fill it up between 1/6 and 1/4 of the way with dish soap.
- Fill the rest of the container with water (make sure you don’t fill it too much but leave space at the top for the pump to go in – otherwise it will overflow).
- Twist the pump lid on and give the container a gentle shake to make sure the soap and the water mix together.
- Go ahead and give it a few pumps and the foam should start coming out.