5 Minute Mediterranean Hummus – Growing up in rural Ontario, my opportunities to sample a variety of culinary options were incredibly limited – I was a meat and potatoes country girl all the way. The first time I tried hummus was when I went away to University. I think I almost died and went to heaven at my first experience with hummus – so rich, creamy and flavourful. I’m pretty sure that’s all I ate for that entire summer. Then I went to Greece about 10 years ago and had the fortune to sample the real authentic stuff. Oh how I love Mediterranean food!
Tonight I was thinking about my love for hummus when it occurred to me… why not add some of my other favourite flavours to make the ultimate tasty dish. I ran to my kitchen and whipped out whatever ingredients I could find in the fridge and got to work. When I was done and had my first taste, I knew this recipe was a keeper.
- 1/2 a can of chick peas (you can add a bit more if you’d like)
- 8-12 olives (I used a mix of green and black)
- 3-4 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese
- Put all the ingredients together into a food processor and turn on until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Scoop out and serve with fresh bread, crackers or veggies.