Free Hand Drawn Doodle Design Elements
By now you all know that I love to doodle, it’s a bit like therapy for me. Recently I created this cute little collection and thought it would be fun to share. These high quality hand drawn vector design elements can be used for stationery (tags, packaging, invites, cards, labels), digital or paper scrapbooking, embellishments, as photo elements, in web design, logos, and in lots of fun DIY projects. The sky’s the limit with these designs! Use them in whatever project you want.
This hand drawn vector doodle set comes in pdf, ai and png format.
Download your free hand drawn doodle clipart here.
Feel free to use the graphics for whatever you like….just please don’t use them for any type of digital download, free or otherwise and not for resale. Thank you!
Easy 3 Strand Crochet Headband Pattern
Easy 3 Strand Crochet Headband – Over the Christmas holidays my daughter Noelle was generously showered with lovely gifts, including some great new outfits. What does a girl with new outfits need… chic accessories of course. I created this three strand headband pattern and I’m quite please with how easy it was and how well it turned out. This fun crochet headband can be made in under 15 minutes and uses very little yarn.
3 Strand Crochet Headband Pattern
- 3 colors of yarn (or you could do all the same color if you’d like) – I used a mix of yarns: Redheart Soft in white, Caron Simply Soft in light and dark purple.
- Crochet Hook – US I9/5.5 mm.
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch (U.S.)
- Measure the head of the person you are making the headband for.
- Leaving at least a 6″ tail of yarn, using the chain stitch, make a chain 3″ less than your desired length. Keep your tension consistent along the entire chain – medium to firm tension.
- Now add in your new color, making sure to leave at least a 6″ tail of yarn (if you aren’t sure how to add in a new yarn color into your stitches please watch this great video tutorial here – the video shows how to change colors using a single crochet stitch but the concept is the exactly the same for the chain stitch). Once you change to your new color, cut off you end of yarn from the first chain you made so that there is at least a 6″ tail.
- Chain the new colour until it’s the same length as the first ( to check, grab the end where the 2 colors were joined, hold the cut ends and fold the second color over so that the 2 chains are now side by side).
- When the 2 chains are the same length, connect them by making a slip stitch into the last stitch of the first chain.
- Add in the third chain color by following steps 3 – 5.
- Trim the final color yarn end so that there is at least a 6″ tail.
- Take the 3 loose cut ends and braid them together and then tie off with a knot on the end. Repeat again on the other end.
Looking for more great crochet patterns: Crochet Boot Cuffs, Caps for a Cause, Crochet Infinity Scarf, Crochet Cat Bed, Crochet iPhone Case, Easy-Peasy Crochet Beanie
Subscribe to Dabbles and Babbles to receive the latest crafts, crochet patterns, activities for kids, recipes, printables, tutorials and more – subscribe in the right sidebar. You may also want to checkout my popular Pinterest Boards and follow me on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Citrus Green Tea Body Scrub
Citrus Green Tea Body Scrub – First off, please forgive my absence from my blog for the past two weeks. I didn’t realize it earlier but I really needed a break from all technology so while I had time off from work and had my family home for the holidays, I stayed completely off my computer – which if you know me at all you understand how much of a challenge this was. Now it’s a new year and I’m ready to jump right back into my blog.
I’m going to start the year off with a refreshing citrus green tea body scrub. This was actually a gift that I made for my friends and family for Christmas but I think it’s great for the New Year too… time to scrub off all the dry, old 2013 skin cells and enter into 2014 with fresh, glowing skin. In addition to the external physical benefits, the salt scrub helps open pores and draw out toxins as well as increase circulation, relax muscles, and helps alleviate tension. It’s such a simple, easy recipe and you can make and package the entire thing in about 10 minutes.
- 3 cups Epsom salts
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp oil (I used apricot kernel oil but jojoba, grapeseed, or sweet almond oil will work fine)
- 1 tea bag of green tea (or about tbsp of loose leaf green tea)
- 8 drops of lime essential oil
- 8 drops of orange essential oil
- zest from a lime, lemon and/or orange (or any combination – I used lemon and lime)
- Pour Epsom salts and baking soda into a large bowl
- Add oil and mix thoroughly
- Cut open the tea bag of green tea and add to mixture
- Add essential oil and citrus zest
- Mix everything together and it should be the consistency of damp packing snow. Spoon out of bowl and into a container and then seal the container (I used medium-sized jam jars)
- Label the containers and give them to your friends and family.
Looking for more gift related ideas & projects: homemade preserved lemons, oatmeal honey face scrub, reusable face scrubbies
You may also want to checkout my popular Pinterest Boards and follow me on Pinterest. Thanks for reading!