Easy Thick Crochet Wash & Dishcloths – It’s almost the end of the school year and I’ve been thinking about what sort of thank you gifts to give my daughter’s teachers and instructors (school, piano, dance, baseball, etc.).
I’m all about homemade gifts when at all possible so I started thinking about everything I’ve been learning or working on lately. For the past 2 months I’ve been taking pottery classes, learning how to use the potters wheel. I’ve also started making handmade soap on a regular basis which we now use every day in our household (check out my post on how to make Natural Calendula Soap here). Eventually I settled on the idea of creating teacher’s gifts that combine all my projects. I’m giving them each a beautiful handmade soap dish with my own soap and thick durable crochet washcloths. This crochet dishcloth pattern is about as easy as it gets – a perfect pattern for beginners. You only need to know 2 stitches, the chain stitch and the single crochet stitch. I’ve been really excited about these gifts because they are all things I’ve put my heart into and that hopefully reflect my gratitude to all the people who help teach and shape my daughter.
Download the Easy Thick Crochet Wash & Dishcloths Pattern below.
Easy Thick Crochet Wash & Dishcloths Pattern
- Cotton Yarn – I use Bernat Handicrafter (2 balls at a time)
- Crochet Hook – US L/8 mm.
- Yarn or tapestry needle
Ch = chain, sc = single crochet (U.S.)
- Hold both ends of yarn together (you will be crocheting with them as is they are one the entire time), make a slip stitch and chain 20 stitches together, keeping tension even through the chain (feel free to make the cloth bigger or smaller just by increasing or decreasing the number of chains in your foundation chain).
- Not turning your work, count back 2 stitches from the hook and sc in the chain and continue to do 1sc in each stitch along foundation chain until the end.
- Once you reach the end, chain 1 and then turn.
- Do 1sc in every stitch until you reach the end.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you’ve made a square (you can tell if you’ve made a square by folding the cloth in half diagonally.
- Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Download the Easy Thick Crochet Wash & Dishcloths Pattern here.