I know what you're thinking…savvy, tech and design loving blogger must have her finger on the pulse of all the latest social media platforms. While I'm flattered by this, I have to be completely open and admit that I've been dragging my feet a little on a couple (OK, maybe a few) social media platforms – mainly Twitter and Instagram. But, since one of my goals for 2016 is to broaden my knowledge of social media, I recently decided to give up my unfounded disinterest and dive right in.
Why follow Instagram?
While I'm still trying to sort out Twitter (sensory overload) I'm totally digging Instagram. With over 80 million photos uploaded to Instagram every day, there's a virtual smorgasbord board of creative geniuses to peruse. What's not to like? It's all about photos (one of my favorite forms of creativity); you get to be a bit of a voyeur into other people's lives and, it's where “all the kids hang” (you know it's good if kids like it). Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out… Instagram is fabulous for businesses, entrepreneurs, and marketers – it's the easiest way to humanize their brands and make them feel relatable!
Since my foray into the world of Instagram, I've become enamored with so many amazing Instagrammers (correct terminology?). There are some pretty amazing people in this world, that's all I can say. I am astounded by the unending, deep vein of creativity that seems to run through so many talented people.
So why chose 15 Instagram Accounts to follow? Well, my list was only supposed to be 10 amazing Instagrammers but I couldn't narrow it down… so 15 it is. I've tried to cover a lot of creative topics so there's something for everybody. Be prepared to get your creative juices flowing (hope you can spare the next 2-4 hours – it's a vortex I tell ya).
15 Instagram Accounts to Inspire Your Creativity – in no particular order
(Go to the Instagram Accounts by clicking on their names in blue. All photos direct from each Instagram user’s account.)
1. Geninne – Wow, this Santa Fe artist has mad talent pouring out of every cell in her body. I've been following her blog for years but now I get my quick fixes seeing her newest creations popping up in the Instagram feed.
2. Femme.Broidery – This fellow Canadian has knocked my socks off. I didn't even know I liked embroidery until I saw her work…so much so, I just took my fist embroidery class this past weekend.
3. Dagmar's Kitchen – I honestly have no idea how I stumbled across this insanely creative food stylist and blogger but her food photos are about the best I've every seen. Oh, those colors!
4. Baking a Moment – This girl makes food look way too pretty to eat. I swear I salivate every time I peruse her photos. Simply divine!
5. Niebeskachata – If you follow my blog at all, you know that I'm a sucker for beautiful crochet designs. Agnieszka makes crochet designs look so good you'll want to eat them.
6. Tell love and party – This is about as fun and colorful an account as you'll find. Jam packed with crafts and amazing party themes, you'll want to create an event just so you can use some of her clever ideas.
7. Almost Makes Perfect – Sublime and dreamy, Molly's photos make me want to paint every room and item in my house white. Sleek, minimalist and downright gorgeous.
8. Hello Glow Blog – I always want to run to the grocery store and stock up on fruit and veggies after seeing these photos. Hello Glow's photos can't help but inspire you to be healthier.
9. West Coast Petrichor – Oh how I love petrichor (look it up)! This is the work of my friend Tana's incredibly talented daughter. Phenomenal photography and a sampling of images from my favorite part of the planet. Oh, and if you're a coffee lover there's lots of caffeine inspiration as well.
10. Ms Craftberry Bush – Elegant, sophisticated and chic home, DIY, crafts, and printables. Lucy's style and taste will make you want to rethink you living room decor. Amazing!
11. Honey and the Hive – Check out these fun, colorful and amazing illustrations and paintings by Kelsey DeLange. Her work is oozing with charm and character.
12. Riva La Diva – This talented diva not only blogs about fashion but shows you how you can make these on-trend styles yourself! She shares her personal style through fashion tutorials, outfit ideas, beauty tips and more.
13. Katie Is A Daisy – Beautiful and whimsical fine art inspired by nature. Her color palettes are always spot on and her hand lettering is magical.
14. Studio DIY – Follow Kelly and you’ll find a lot of fun DIY projects, party tips and colorful ideas designed to help you inspire, create and celebrate.
15. Kraft Mint – Soft color palettes and modern stylish crafts. Ursula will inspire you with her unending stream of craft and decor ideas.
Finally, I have a (currently sad) little Instagram account too. I'm just getting started with it so pardon my lack of images…but bare with me, I'm working on it. Follow the Dabbles and Babbles Instagram Account – I need all the help I can get! Thanks.