Citrus Green Tea Body Scrub – First off, please forgive my absence from my blog for the past two weeks. I didn’t realize it earlier but I really needed a break from all technology so while I had time off from work and had my family home for the holidays, I stayed completely off my computer – which if you know me at all you understand how much of a challenge this was. Now it’s a new year and I’m ready to jump right back into my blog.
I’m going to start the year off with a refreshing citrus green tea body scrub. This was actually a gift that I made for my friends and family for Christmas but I think it’s great for the New Year too… time to scrub off all the dry, old 2013 skin cells and enter into 2014 with fresh, glowing skin. In addition to the external physical benefits, the salt scrub helps open pores and draw out toxins as well as increase circulation, relax muscles, and helps alleviate tension. It’s such a simple, easy recipe and you can make and package the entire thing in about 10 minutes.
- 3 cups Epsom salts
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp oil (I used apricot kernel oil but jojoba, grapeseed, or sweet almond oil will work fine)
- 1 tea bag of green tea (or about tbsp of loose leaf green tea)
- 8 drops of lime essential oil
- 8 drops of orange essential oil
- zest from a lime, lemon and/or orange (or any combination – I used lemon and lime)
- Pour Epsom salts and baking soda into a large bowl
- Add oil and mix thoroughly
- Cut open the tea bag of green tea and add to mixture
- Add essential oil and citrus zest
- Mix everything together and it should be the consistency of damp packing snow. Spoon out of bowl and into a container and then seal the container (I used medium-sized jam jars)
- Label the containers and give them to your friends and family.