Crocheted Cat Bed – Our new little kitten Milo is now 12 weeks old and growing bigger with every day that passes. He's slowly started exploring the house but generally spends most of his time where his people are.
Milo loves to hang out with me in my office and now he's taken up a semi-permanent residency on my desk beside my monitor and keyboard. He loves to rest his head on my arm while I type away. Since he always sleeps in the same place on my hard, wooden desk I thought he might be more comfortable in a little bed of his own.
Made with bulky yarn, this crochet pattern is thick which means it works up really quickly. Give your cat a comfortable place to rest by using this easy crochet pet bed pattern.
The cat bed measures 12″ in diameter but you can easily make it smaller or larger if you'd like. This DIY cat bed is entirely customizable and can easily be adjusted to fit any feline friend.
- 1.5 Balls of Yarn (160 yards) – Bulky – I used Loops & Threads Charisma
- Secondary Colour of Yarn (30 yards)
- Crochet Hook – US J/6.00mm
- Stitch marker or a scrap of contrasting color yarn
- Embroidery needle
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc = single crochet (U.S.)
- Ch 2 and then 6 sc in second ch from hook. Place marker.
- Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around.
- Round 3: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 2 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Round 4: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 3 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Round 5: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 4 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Round 6: 2 sc in the next sc. sc in the next 5 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Keep up this same pattern of increasing by one each round until you've gone 20 rounds in which the final round would be: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 18 sc. If you want to make it a bit bigger this is where you'd add a few more rounds until you have the size you're after.
- Rounds 21 – 28: sc in each sc around.
- Rounds 29 – 30: Change to new yarn color. Sc in each sc around for 2 rounds.
- Bind off and weave in ends.