Are you the next Ami from “All About Ami”, Sarah-Jayne from “Bella Coco”, or Jess from “Make and Do Crew”? Now’s your chance to make a name for yourself in the crochet world.
Ideal Me is excited to announce that we’re looking for up-and-coming pattern designers for the fall and winter season. We’re on the search for creative and talented bloggers and designers who’d like to get more exposure and share their amazing creations.
If selected, your pattern will be seen on one of our 6 blogs: Ideal Me, Dabbles & Babbles, Simply Collectible Crochet, Stitch 11, Cream of the Crop Crochet, or Mermaids and Monkeys.
What You’ll Get
- First off, how about some free yarn! How does that sound? We’ll supply you with all the yarn you’ll need to make your gorgeous creations.
- You get your name in lights! Well maybe not lights but you’ll have an ample introduction as the pattern designer on our blog as well as links to your social media, blog and/or shop (in the email to our newsletter as well as on the blog post.)
- Your pattern will be seen by our list of over 120,000 members as well over 315,000 social media followers.
- Your work will be seen by other bloggers and companies looking for guest pattern designers… do an amazing job and your email inbox will be overflowing!
If you’re unsure whether you’d qualify to be a guest designer, we’re happy to provide you with our list of the criteria of what we’re looking for. You certainly don’t need to be a professional, but you need to be creative with a good sense of design and understand the technical aspects of writing a crochet pattern.
Guest Pattern Designer Criteria
- Fresh, innovative, modern yet simple and understandable crochet patterns.
- Patterns can include: clothing, accessories, blankets, toys, amigurumi and homeware.
- A strong technical understanding of crochet and pattern documentation.
- If you’re a photography pro with amazing project shots all the better but if not don’t worry, you can send us your creations and we’ll get our professional photographer on it.
- While it would be amazing if you have a huge online following, this is not required in order to apply.
Ok, so it looks like you fit the above criteria to submit an application… what’s next?
What We Need From You
- 5+ photos of your best crochet patterns
- 2-3 examples of your written patterns (these will not be shared or used in any way)
- (IF APPLICABLE) Links to your blog, online store, and venues where you sell your patterns/projects
- Links to any social media followings you have (Optional/ You don’t need a following to be accepted)
- A 300-word bio about yourself, the history of your time as a crocheter, what you love about crochet, and your favorite Netflix series (just keeping you on your toes)
To submit your application please use our APPLICATION FORM HERE.