Crochet Infinity Scarf – Today it’s 28 degrees Celsius in Victoria, BC (it’s typically about 18-20 degrees in September here) – not the sort of day to be thinking about winter clothing but let’s be honest, fall is right around the corner.
This past week I started a new infinity scarf project. I made this pattern up based on a baby blanket I made last year that I absolutely loved. This pattern is so easy and has a really nice rhythm to it once things get moving along.
Click here to purchase an ad-free PDF of this pattern for your convenience. This PDF pattern also provides you with a bonus crochet tips and tricks pdf.
- 1.5 Skeins of Yarn – Bulky – I used Loops & Threads – Country Loom – Ocean Tide
- Crochet Hook – US K10.5/6.50mm
- Embroidery needle
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc = single crochet, dc = double crochet (U.S.)
- Counting in 3’s, ch as many stitches as it takes to make a chain 60″ long (this pattern calls for original chain to be any multiple of 3 so just count “1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3…” as you make the chain and make sure that your last chain lands on chain number 3). Check that the chain hasn’t twisted and join to the first stitch with a sl st so that it now forms a ring.
- Round 2: dc in every chain until you’ve completed the round and join to the first dc with a sl st.
- Round 3: ch 3 and then sc between the 3rd and 4th dc, ch 3 and then sc in between the 6th and 7th dc. You want to keep repeating this pattern every 3 double crochets until you’ve completed the round. Join with a sl st.
- Round 4: dc 3 into the chain you made in the previous round and then dc 3 into the next chain and continue in this manner until you’ve completed the round. Join with a sl st.
- Repeat the pattern from Round 3 & 4 until the scarf is the desired width.
- Bind off and weave in the ends.
If you love crocheting scarves as much as I do, check out this fantastic book: Cozy Stash-Busting Knits: 22 Patterns for Hats, Scarves, Cowls & More
Looking for more great crochet patterns: Crochet Fingerless Gloves, Done In A Day Baby Blanket, Easy Crochet Can Cozy, Tulip Textured Crochet Dishcloth, Colorful Solid Granny Square Dishcloth, Crochet Beach Bag, Outland Cowl, Caps for a Cause, Crochet Infinity Scarf, Crochet Cat Bed, Crochet iPhone Case, Easy-Peasy Crochet Beanie
Thanks for reading!