No Bake Energy Balls – Who doesn’t enjoy a sweet, chocolatey treat from time to time. I know there are moments when I just have to have something sweet, especially after a meal or for a mid-afternoon pick me up. A couple of years back, my girlfriend gave me this recipe and she got it from another friend so we don’t actually know where it came from. This is the kind of treat that I don’t mind putting in my child’s lunch or to give for an after school snack. I keep them in the freezer and then just pull them out as I need them.
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 raisins, cranberries or currants
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 sliced almonds
- Toast the sunflower and sesame seeds.
- Toast the coconut and almonds (careful, it burns quickly if you don’t keep and eye on it). Allow to cool and put into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the coconut and almonds. If your mixture isn’t quite sticking together, add a little extra honey.
- Roll the mixture into balls (I do them about the size of ping-pong balls) and then roll them around in the bowl of coconut and almonds for the outer coating.
- Store them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge or freezer.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Check out some of my other recipes including: Bailey’s dipped toasted marshmallows, zucchini quinoa patties, perfect chocolate chip cookies, marinated feta cheese, mediterranean hummus
You may also want to checkout my popular Pinterest Boards and Follow me on Pinterest.
Thanks for reading!