Curried Apple Egg Salad Sandwich – In the past, egg salad sandwiches have been as enticing to me as eating a slop sandwich (sorry if I've offended any egg salad sandwich lovers out there). I'm not sure if it was the smell or the drab yellow paste that turned me off but I was a hater none the less. All that changed one day a couple of years ago when I saw a cooking show on TV that was doing interesting takes on good ole fashioned sandwiches. I scrunched up my nose as they showed the typical yellow-grayish mush with white crust-less bread but then something caught my attention…wait, that looks interesting. Curry, apple, lime juice, cilantro… how could anything with those ingredients be bad. Toasted multi-grain bread…yum! OK, that was it, I was sold. I ran out to the store, bought all the ingredients and went to work making the recipe. OMG was all I could say. Fresh, lively and full of flavor. This was by far the best egg salad sandwich I had ever eaten. Now this updated classic sandwich makes regular lunch appearances in our home.
If you've been put off by egg salad sandwiches in the past, you must try this – it'll change your perspective and you'll become a convert, I promise!
Curried Apple Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup apples, diced (Granny smith recommended)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp old fashion mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bread of your choice
- Hard-boil the eggs. Cool, run under water, remove the shells carefully. Chop or mash eggs into small chunks.
- Wisk mayo, lime juice, curry, mustard, salt and cayenne together in a large bowl. Add the eggs, apple, onion and cilantro or parsley, stir to combine.
- Toast your bread and spread the curried egg mixture on toast. Enjoy!
Download the Curried Apple Egg Salad Sandwich recipe HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Check out some of my other recipes including: Double chocolate pecan cookies, The ultimate rice krispie square, Best salad ever, No bake energy balls, the best chicken soup you’ll ever eat, Bailey’s dipped toasted marshmallows, zucchini quinoa patties, perfect chocolate chip cookies, marinated feta cheese, mediterranean humus.