Healthy & Delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – After all the camping and socializing we've been doing lately I'm trying to eat healthier meals during the week. Soup is always one of my favorite lunch choices – especially since I freeze individual meal size packages for a quick and convenient lunch. I have a few “go-to” soup recipes but this has recently become one of my most frequent picks. This recipe is really flavorful and the rich, creamy texture helps to make you feel really full and satisfied.
Healthy & Delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
1 large squash
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp oil
1/2 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh ginger chopped finely
1/2 tsp curry powder (or paste)
juice of 1/2 a lime (or more if you like your soup more tangy)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicier)
cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Prepare and bake squash in over for 1 hour. Once the squash is cool, scoop all the squash meat out of the shell.
- Saute onions, garlic, ginger & curry powder in oil until soft and well combined.
- Put all ingredients from the first two steps into a bowl and using a wand blender, mix until smooth. Place mixture in a large pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth, lime juice and red pepper flakes. Heat until it reaches a boil and then turn down to simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring regularly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve while hot.
Download your Roasted Butternut Squash Soup recipe here.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Check out some of my other recipes including: Double chocolate pecan cookies, The ultimate rice krispie square, Best salad ever, No bake energy balls, the best chicken soup you’ll ever eat, Bailey’s dipped toasted marshmallows, zucchini quinoa patties, perfect chocolate chip cookies, marinated feta cheese, mediterranean humus.